Country Guest Bedroom & Bath
Jill called me about updating their Guest Bedroom & Bath. She wanted a Country look for both rooms with some bright cheery colors. They wanted a walk-in Shower and more storage in the bathroom. Replace the vanity that did not function properly, due to the angled door, the drawers would not open fully. She also wanted a Farmhouse Sink in the bath! In the bedroom, Jill wanted to keep her Grandmother’s antique furniture, but replace almost everything else. After MUCH discussion with Don & Jill and several drawings by me, we came up with a plan that worked for their needs.
So here is what we came up with:
- We started with a pretty plaid fabric that had the bright green that Jill was wanting, plus some barn reds and soft neutrals for that Country Look.
- From there we choose our color palette.
- I suggested a shower base that was molded with a seat on one side. And a full glass seamless shower door to open up the tiny room and allow you to view the tile walls.
- We tiled the shower all the way to the ceiling and added a recessed light in the shower area.
- We decided to move the plumbing fixtures to the opposite wall of the shower, away from the exterior wall.
- Tile on the bath floor.
- New toilet.
- Custom Designed, Built & Painted Cabinetry with an Under-mount Farmhouse Sink in it.
- Updated the Lighting with a new light bar and a fan/light combo on the ceiling. (The fan is much quieter, per Don’s request.)
- We upgraded the Shower fixtures with a Rain Shower-head and a Handheld Shower head.
- The sink faucet is a Wall-Mounted “antique look” with a soap dish attached. Really fun for a Country Look.
- Bead-board on the walls, up 6 foot with a narrow shelf on top.
- And finally a shaped inverted pleat valance with red buttons over the shower door.
- Then we took the Bead-board into the Bedroom, but only 3 foot up to create a chair-rail.
- On the wall behind the bed, I installed a large mural with a beautiful Country scene.
- New Custom Window Treatments and Bedding which consisted of Inverted Pleat Drapery panels with Green buttons at the bottom of each pleat. The plaid went on the bed with a solid green pleated dust skirt, a pair of envelope shams and an accent pillow.
- We recovered the antique rocker seat cushion in a fun green dotted fabric.
- The angled door into the bath was changed into a Pocket-Door and moved slightly, so that the drawers would be fully functional.
- And really fun part is the new “Barn-like” Closet Doors and Bathroom Door.
- We again updated the lighting with a ceiling light/fan combo. Changed the closet lights and adjusted the spots to shine on the new Barn Doors.
What a wonderful new Country Look for the Guest Room. Now Don & Jill have to decide if they want to leave it as the Guest Room or change it into the Master Bedroom Suite? hum…
To view the Slide Show below, click on any picture and use the arrows to navigate.
Ouch! There was a server error.Retry »
Lucinda's Interiors, Window Fashion Designer