Old School House
School Room, now Living Room
I was called by the Arquette’s for a total house/school makeover. This old house was originally built as a school and part of their ancestry attended and lived in this school. They had just had the Kitchen and Bath Cabinetry done but were at a loss as what to do with the rest of the house. They were living next door to this property and had a lot of Antiques that were family heirlooms there, that they wanted to use in this place. So, we looked everything over and came up with a plan. And the following is a list of what we did in the Living Room:
- Since they preferred very neutral colors, we came up with a Monocromatic Color Scheme for Carpet, Paint, Upholstery and Window Treatments
- Worked up a Furniture arrangement using as many Antique pieces as possible
- Ordered new Sofa and Swivel Recliner Chairs
- Repaired and repainted the Walls
- New Carpet all through
- Replaced the ceiling chandelier (The old one went to the other house)
- Re-covered two side chairs
- Installed Energy Efficient Honeycomb Shades with Stationary Panels at the windows
- Used the Old Tea Cart for a Coffee Table (HaHa!)
- Accessorized with lots of Family Antiques
The slide show below is of the Living Room, Bath, Master Bedroom, Kitchen & Study/Guest BR.
To view the Slide Show below, click on any picture and use the arrows to navigate.